Re: [News] New Video of a Linux-only Shop in the US

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 18:52:13 +0000, [H]omer wrote:

> I wonder what he thinks that (in this case) Linspire provides by way of
> word processing; that Debian, Fedora, Mandriva, or any of the other 300
> or so distros don't?
>
> Still, it's great that Linux is making it on the American High Street,
> albeit in a rather less-than-Free form.

I think it's great that he has a deal with Linspire so sells it and that
he doesn't have a deal with Fedora or Mandriva.  Real competition is when
there's a guy next door hawking one of those :)

Mac bait (but a serious point):  with more people *willingly* going from
Windows to Mac, they've now lost their OS cherry and will be more open to
viewing an OS as a commodity.

-Thufir