Re: ASUS Puts GNU/Linux Right on Board (Preinstalled)!

____/ John Bailo, Texeme.Construct on Monday 08 October 2007 19:21 : \____

> On Oct 7, 2:21 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> ASUS Motherboard Ships With Embedded Linux, Web Browser
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Without spoiling the review of this motherboard that will be published
>> | shortly, the ASUS P5E3 Deluxe is one of the most innovative motherboards
>> | we have seen to date and it packs one very exciting and unusual feature.
>> | Embedded onto the P5E3 Deluxe is a Linux environment that features a
>> | Firefox-rebranded web browser and the Skype VoIP client! Within five
>> | seconds of turning on this $360 USD gaming/enthusiast motherboard, you can
>> | be using Linux and surfing the Internet.
>
> They should do that for the 'eee'
See the last two paragraphs here:

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjEwNw

This is a newer article. The new board, however, does not use Xandros. I've
checked.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows: slippery when dry. You have been warned.
         run-level 2  2007-09-10 01:53                   last=