[News] Ubuntu Linux 7.10 Available for Preorders, More Derivatives Created

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu Linux 7.10 Available for Preorders, More Derivatives Created
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 21:10:45 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Gutsy Gibbon available for preorders

https://shipit.ubuntu.com/

Ubuntu Linux did a lot for the reach of Linux. According to new market figures,
which greatly underestimate Linux use for a large number of reasons (selective
set of Web sites for starters), Linux's market share doubled in the past year
(undervalued figures can be extrapolated).

It's possible to estimate growth, not numbers.

Geubuntu RoadMap Released: Help Wanted!

,----[ Quote ]
| - Before the release of Luna Nuova we’ll need the packaging of some E17 apps
| too. Depending on timing, we may decide to release Geubuntu Luna Nuova aniway
| and add those apps to the repos once they’re completed.
`----

http://thedarkmaster.wordpress.com/2007/10/02/geubuntu-roadmap-released-help-wanted/

Full Customized Ubuntu: UbuntuUE

,----[ Quote ]
| UbuntuUE is Ubuntu Feisty Fawn with the following software pre-added:
|
| * New theme / splash screen / wallpaper
| * VCD Gear debian style
| * Subversion & build tools
| * Wireless Internet integration
| * Bluetooth integration
| * PPP integration
| * Networking tools
| * 35 Additional fonts
| * Tons more themes
| * Repository driven Beryl
| * New sounds theme

http://linuxmini.blogspot.com/2007/10/full-customized-ubuntu-ubuntuue.html

Related:

Linux Users Base More Than doubled Over Last One Year: Survey

,----[ Quote ]
| The number of Linux users has more than doubled over the last one year, says
| a new survey by DesktopLinux.com. The survey also said Ubuntu remains their
| Linux distribution of choice.
`----

http://www.sda-india.com/sda_india/psecom,id,22,site_layout,sdaindia,news,19940,p,0.html

Survey: Desktop Linux use grows

,----[ Quote ]
| DesktopLinux.com, which is a Web site devoted to, obviously, desktop Linux,
| has finished a survey that found more than a doubling of Linux desktop users
| in the past year.
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/techwatch/archives/013576.html

Ann Arbor's Linux Box doubles staff in last year

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.metromodemedia.com/innovationnews/linux3007.aspx