[News] Bolivia to Make Its Own Linux Distribution

  • Subject: [News] Bolivia to Make Its Own Linux Distribution
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 11:17:37 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue60

,----[ Quote ]
| Bolivian LoCo Team To Release UbuntuBolivia
|
| The Bolivian team, in collaboration with 7th Bolivia's Free Software National
| Congress ([WWW] http://congreso.softwarelibre.org.bo), have created a custom
| Ubuntu edition called "Ubuntu Bolivia." Distribution of 1,000 packs with a
| hardcover including two CDs and "Powered by" stickers will begin next week.
`----

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue60

Why do i always revert back to Ubuntu ?

| Every time i try a new distro i find my self reverting back to Ubuntu soon
| after i install it .
`----

http://zeroeffect.wordpress.com/2007/10/08/why-do-i-always-revert-back-to-ubuntu/

Related:

Venezuela Launches Sale of "Bolivarian" Computers

,----[ Quote ]
| The new computers will run the open-source Linux operating system
| and will first be used inside the government "missions" and state
| companies and institutions but eventually are expected to be sold
| across Venezuela and Latin America.
`----

http://www.venezuelanalysis.com/news.php?newsno=2326

Ubuntu takes advantage

,----[ Quote ]
| Well, I'm very proud to announce that another Venezuelan institution
| of the government, take our recommendation and then we deploy more of
| 700 HP PCs with Ubuntu and 150 IBM Laptops with Kubuntu.
`----

http://blog.blanco.net.ve/2007/03/ubuntu-takes-advantage.html

Venezuela - Stepping Forward With Debian

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the shining examples has been the Venezuelan Patent
| Office, or Servicio Autonomo de Propiedad Intelectual(SAPI).
| In a country that does not recognise software patents, nor
| biological patents, the Debian Linux distribution has been
| used as the foundation stone for the system that will store
| information about both Venezuelan and Cuban patents and can
| store up to 9.5TB of data.
`----

http://www.localfoss.org/Venezuelan_FOSS_1

No rush for open source technology