[News] [Rival] The Rob Enderle Bozo Gets Mocked by Cartoonist

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] The Rob Enderle Bozo Gets Mocked by Cartoonist
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 04:48:15 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
UserFriendly's Illiad Discovers Enderlemium

,----[ Quote ]
| It has a certain ring if you say it out loud, and it captures the essence of
| this gas.

Nice to see the paid shills receiving a virtual slap for astroturfing.

Related:

Rob Enderle: 'I started writing about Linux because I was told I couldn't and
the more people told me I couldn't, and particularly when they said 'or
else,' the more the Linux dirty laundry became attractive to me'

Rob Enderle: 'I saw what appeared to be a word-for-word copy of about every
third line of code in the central module of the Linux kernel'

Rob Enderle: 'many Linux supporters are a bunch of potty-mouthed malcontents.
Enterprises are better off staying away from Linux and open source'

Rob Enderle: 'Linux is being widely used on the desktop in the third world,
where applications are limited and labor is inexpensive...'

Rob Enderle: 'I have a hard time seeing the Zealots as any different from
terrorist... I strongly believe that if September 11 showed us anything, it
was that zealots'

http://slated.org/linux_still_doesnt_make_it_on_desktop_is_pure_fud

http://antitrust.slated.org/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/3000/PX03096.pdf

Clarification: SCO, Linux and Rob Enderle: A Conclusion

,----[ Quote ]
| On the second page, Enderle mentions that he received death threats from
| people who had heard about his articles. We received notes of concern that
| the wording of the paragraph in question could imply that the death threats
| were a direct result of reading Groklaw.
`----

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/34109/121/

The pen is mightier than the FUD

,----[ Quote ]
| A few days ago Rob Enderle proclaimed that Open Source and Linux are losing
| momentum, without any evidence to back this up and despite that IDC and
| Gartner are saying the exact opposite. The FOSS community responded with
| rebuttals after which Rob posted a follow-up in which he makes some
| particularly nasty accusations. However, trying to follow Rob's logic in the
| original article quickly showed that it was not about a loss in momentum at
| all. That was just a framework on which to hang a different tale, one that
| gives us some insight in how he sees the world of software development.
|
| Normally I try to avoid Rob Enderle's stories. The one-man analyst group is
| more often wrong than right, his analyses incoherent and filled with off-base
| assumptions. His latest few pieces are downright insulting but also offer us
| an insight into his reasoning.

Microsoft Xbox to Join the Battle for Video Downloading

,----[ Quote ]
| Editors' Note: November 10, 2006, Friday An article in Business Day
| on Tuesday described a decision by Microsoft to offer movies and
| episodes of television shows for downloading through its Xbox Live
| online service in the United States.
|
| The article quoted Rob Enderle, principal analyst at the Enderle
| Group, discussing the features that set Xbox Live service apart
| and its position in the market.
|
| But the article did not note that Mr. Enderle had Microsoft as a client,
| a fact later pointed out by a reader. Mr. Enderle does consulting work
| for several of Microsoft's product groups, though not for the one
| developing the Xbox; still, had The Times known of Mr. Enderle's work
| for Microsoft, it would not have sought out his opinion on the product.
`----

http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F50713F83A5B0C748CDDA80994DE404482
http://tinyurl.com/y3avsv

NY Times bans Microsoft analysts from Microsoft stories

,----[ Quote ]
| The New York Times continues to perplex with its analyst- quoting
| policy. Rather than having analysts declare their ties to clients,
| the paper would prefer to quote analysts that have no experience
| with a client - a protocol which seems to undermine the very point
| of citing analysts.
|
| The Register this week started pushing the Times to explain its
| quoting stance after noticing that Rob Enderle - the most quoted
|                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^
| technology analyst on the planet - had been blocked from commenting
| on companies with which he has a financial relationship. The ban
| against Enderle appeared odd, given that Times reporters continue
| to cite analysts from larger firms who also have financial
| relationships with the companies discussed.
|
| [...]
|
| As it turns out, there's a cottage industry devoted to Rob
| Enderle, where Linux zealots fire off this form letter to editors
| whenever Enderle appears talking about Microsoft. Perhaps the Linux
| crowd could put its fabled collective mind toward creating letters
| for all the major analysts. Lord knows, the Times could use
| some help.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/12/15/nytimes_ms_ban/

Enderle got it wrong (as usual)

,----[ Quote ]
| When Rob Enderle questions SCO's litigators and lawyers — they were not
| experts, they were not paid enough, etc. —, he simply expose himself as being
| as morally corrupt as SCO is: he never questioned SCO's moral right to sue,
| he only followed "the race" and made some "technical objections". Money pay
| the verdict, right? (The money paid to the lawyers, that is.)
`----

http://beranger.org/index.php?page=diary&2007/08/15/09/05/44-enderle-got-it-wrong-as-usual-

Dell tests consumer preferences on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Company seeks opinions as it considers putting system on consumer PCs.
|
| [...]
|
| "Linux was simply not designed for the desktop, neither as a product
| nor given the economic model around it," said Rob Enderle, head of
|                                               ^^^^^^^^^^^
| the Enderle Group in San Jose, Calif. "It will be hard for Dell to
| make it work."
|
| Because Linux isn't compatible with most existing computers, what
| it can do is somewhat limited, analysts said. For example, few
| computer-based games run on Linux. Versions of Linux would work
| better on an appliance-type desktop -- one that performs a smaller
| set of specific functions, said Roger Kay, president of EndpointT
| echnologies Associates Inc.
`----

http://www.statesman.com/business/content/business/stories/technology/03/19/19dell.html

Linux fails to defend itself against imaginary FUD problem

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.businessreviewonline.com/os/archives/2007/02/linux_fails_to.html