[News] Linux on Airplanes is a Success

Linux-based airline seat-back entertainment system is a winner

,----[ Quote ]
| This Red Hat-based system also is installed on Qantas Airways and on Boeing
| 777s operated by Delta and Continental. eX2, the newest version of
| Panasonic's in-flight entertainment systems, offers not the canned radio
| stations of yesteryear, but rather audio and video on demand, games, and even
| online books, depending on the carrier.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/119544

Related:

Singapore Airlines puts a PC in every seat

,----[ Quote ]
| The whole system runs on Red Hat's distribution of the Linux operating
| system.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=686973581&rid=-50

StarOffice, Linux fly high on Singapore Airlines

,----[ Quote ]
| Singapore Airlines is offering access to Sun's StarOffice 8 office
| productivity suite free of charge to passengers on its new Boeing
| 777-300ER aircraft. StarOffice, Sun's proprietary version of
| OpenOffice.org, runs on the aircraft's Linux server and is accessed
| via a seat-back terminal at each passenger's seat, according to Sun.

Airborne Linux Hackers Unite!

,----[ Quote ]
| Virgin America calls their new in-flight entertainment system “Red,” but it
| is really a gigantic sociological experiment in airborne distributed
| computing.
`----

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/08/06/airborne-linux-hackers-unite/

Virgin America