[News] WiFi Positioning System Had Its Eye on Linux

  • Subject: [News] WiFi Positioning System Had Its Eye on Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 20:32:23 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
WiFi positioning system SDK targets Linux devices

,----[ Quote ]
| WiFi positioning system (WPS) technology provider Skyhook Wireless has
| announced a "major upgrade" to its WPS software development kit (SDK). The
| update improves positioning accuracy, supports a broader range of WiFi
| devices, adds compatibility with a wide variety of GPS software, and now
| targets Linux devices.

Linux loyalty runs high among embedded software developers, says VDC

,----[ Quote ]
| Looking ahead, 87% percent of Linux users plan to use Linux in their next
| project. In both cases, use of free distributions outnumbered use of paid
| distributions by a sizable margin.
`----

http://software.tekrati.com/research/9436/

Related:

Linux to grow 278% in embedded/mobile/real-time apps

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux use in "next" embedded, mobile, and real-time projects will grow 278
| percent over that in "previous" projects, suggests a recent survey by Venture
| Development Corp. (VDC).

City uses Linux, OSS for its free municipal Wi-Fi

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the folks behind this project is is Federico Lazcano, an Electronics
| Engineer graduate from Rosario's UNR public university and who works at the
| IT management sector in the city's municipal government. He's a Linux user
| since the year 2000 -Debian GNU/Linux he remarks- and he points that they
| have used "Free Software exclusively" in Rosario's Wi-Fi roll-out, "from the
| access points to the main head-end router".
|
| Lazcano shows the ingredients for this magic recipe: OpenWRT, OpenVPN,
| Wifidog and Debian GNU/Linux, among others

Earthlink offers Free WiFi to N800 users...

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.maemoapps.com/2007/03/29/earthlink-offers-free-wifi-to-n800-users/