Re: [News] People Move to Linux, Done with Windows (Even Patents)

Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:

> Um....is it me, or is that website extremely confused? Then again, I
> could see servers redirecting thereto if they do detect an IE header
> -- which presumably is its purpose.

Yes.

> An attempt to reference http://slated.org/ from IE resulted in a
> redirect to this webpage.  (Good for them!)

Thanks ;)

> Dillo also showed the same webpage -- though in its own rather naive
> fashion.  For some reason my homebrew Java JEditorPane affair got a
> 403 response.  Par for the course, presumably.

According to the weblogs, which logged your IP and credit card number,
your user agent was "Java/1.6.0_02", which was 403'd because "User-Agent
was found on blacklist". I could change that, but I'm not going to :-P

> ("Linux not ready for the desktop"?  Are they kidding? The notion of
> a "desktop" is so mucked up anyway.  The idea was originally that for
> an information terminal; look at old sci-fi for some ideas.

Futurism rarely produces accurate predictions (I'm still waiting for my
flying Delorean time machine). One thing I notice about many a kitsch
Sci-Fi movie, is the proliferation and quality of video communications
across entire galaxies (in some cases). Glorious Technicolor hi-def
images flying around the universe, in some yesteryear vision of the
future, and yet here we are ... in that future, and the best I can get
is a pokey little flv over GooTube.

I'm going to start a class action against Flash Gordon.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "OOXML is a superb standard"
| - GNU/Linux traitor, Miguel de Icaza.

 18:38:56 up 57 days, 17:33,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.04, 0.04