[News] [Rival] Microsoft's Attempt to Buy Software and Market Share Ineffective, More Devouring on the Way

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Attempt to Buy Software and Market Share Ineffective, More Devouring on the Way
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 10:12:19 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Mcrosoft's Jellyfish Buy Is No Stinger

,----[ Quote ]
| Acquiring the shopping-and-auction service is the giant's latest bid to grab
| a bigger share of online ad dollars. Google has little to fear
`----

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/oct2007/tc2007102_526624.htm?campaign_id=yhoo

Microsoft CEO does not rule out more acquisitions

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp's chief executive said on Thursday he did not rule out further
| acquisitions of a similar size to web advertising firm aQuantive.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/071004/microsoft_acquisitions.html?.v=3

Recent:

Microsoft acquires shopping comparison tentacle

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/10/02/microsoft_jellyfish/

`----