[News] [Rival] USA Today Speaks to Convicted Monopoly Abuser About Lack of Innovation at Microsoft

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] USA Today Speaks to Convicted Monopoly Abuser About Lack of Innovation at Microsoft
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 20:37:00 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
 Q&A with Bill Gates: Microsoft's pushing its frontiers

,----[ Quote ]
| Q: As you head off to your next career, how do you react to critics who say
| Microsoft has become too big, too bureaucratic, too political, too slow to
| innovate?
|
| A: One thing I've always loved about the culture at Microsoft is there is
| nobody who is tougher on us, in terms of what we need to learn and do better,
| than the people in the company itself. You can walk down these halls and
| they'll tell you we need to do usability better, push this or that frontier.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20071004/tc_usatoday/qampawithbillgatesmicrosoftspushingitsfrontiers

By "too bureaucratic, too political" the interviewers must have meant "too
corrupt" and "too manipulative", which is true.

Vista +1 details emerge

,----[ Quote ]
| This particular presentation centered around two new key features of the OS,
| diskless PCs and ethernet storage.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/10/04/vista-details-emerge

So, /after/ Vista, Windows will have caught up with yesterday's Linux.

Related:

Gates deposition videos

,----[ Quote ]

`----