Re: Why does Roy Schestowitz list Windows and Visual Basic skills on his resume?

____/ Peter Köhlmann on Thursday 04 October 2007 13:38 : \____

> Linonut wrote:
>
>> After takin' a swig o' grog, DFS belched out this bit o' wisdom:

>>> SnagIt easily pays for itself in a day - or less if you're doing lots of
>>> screenshots.  I just put together a 40-page document, with basically one
>>> screenshot per page, and it was a lifesaver.
>>
>> Cool.  We put together 200 page documents with lots of diagrams, using
>> Shift-PrintScreen and a digital camera.  Life saver!
>>
>>> Command lines and scripting for screenshot capture?  Linonut, you're
>>> brainwashed and owned by the OSS Combine.
>>
>> No, I simply find command-line tools easier to use in scripts.
>>
>>> See, the world wants an easy-to-use screenshot capture tool - like SnagIt
>>> - that lets you quickly and easily capture the whole screen or various
>>> sections, then offers a bunch of cool features to enhance the screenshot
>>> for use in websites and documents, etc.
>>
>> You can do that stuff in the GIMP.
>
> True. But those features are present in ksnapshot as well
>
>>> Most isn't good enough.  Download a free SnagIt trial and learn how to
>>> use
>>> it and you'll never be that ignorant agin.  And your
>>> screenshot/documentation productivity will shoot up!
>>
>> No thanks.
>
> Ditto

>>> You've been reading too much Roy Schestowitz and cola.
>>
>> No, I'm living in the tech world.
>
> Ditto

>>> Agreed.  And we'll get along fine as long as you don't lie like 7 and
>>> claim
>>> Windows is finished and everyone's transitioning to Linux.  It's just not
>>> true.  It's not true in the server room, and it's not true on the
>>> desktop, and it's not true in the game lounge.
>>
>> Actually, it's pretty close to true in the server room, and it's
>> definitely true in the supercomputer arena.
>
> My desktop seems to run linux also
> And I know a lot of people who use mainly linux
>
>>> SnagIt for Windows and Snapz ProX for MacOS don't offer stock
>>> functionality. They offer superior functionality, that you can't even get
>>> in the open source world.
>>
>> I really don't trust your judgment on this one.  Sorry.
>
> DumbFullShit seems to think that it can only be good if it costs an awful
> lot of money. Preferrably each year

I can recall 2 extensive articles from last year which showed 5-7 different
ways of capturing screenshots in Linux. It's amazing how many intuitive routes
exist out of the box. Lack of familiarity with Linux does not justify
criticism. Some people (senior editors even) complain that
CTRL+ALT+DEL 'doesn't work' in Linux when they need to control tasks.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |   Useless fact: Women blink twice as much as men