[News] [Rival] Business Fail to Sell Windows Vista (and Those Who Reiceave Vista Upgrade to XP)

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Business Fail to Sell Windows Vista (and Those Who Reiceave Vista Upgrade to XP)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 12:09:59 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Vista: The 'wow' starts ... later

,----[ Quote ]
| Nine months after it launched Vista to consumers, Microsoft is begrudgingly
| admitting that not everyone is enamoured with the new operating system.
`----

http://apcmag.com/7268/vista_the_wow_starts_later

Microsoft and Vista: Trying To Turn Around A Supertanker

,----[ Quote ]
| I posted on Microsoft (MSFT) and Vista way back in December 2006 and February
| of this year. My analysis of the Internet dialogue was very, very negative,
`----

http://seekingalpha.com/article/48785-microsoft-and-vista-trying-to-turn-around-a-supertanker?source=yahoo

Vista Business sales soar like leaping dachshund

,----[ Quote ]
| August numbers are in from Context, the European PC market watcher, and they
| show that the Vista is anything but Buena for Microsoft.
`----

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2007/10/03/vista_business_sales_bad_xp_good/

People already leap ahead (yes, ahead) of Vista:

Windows Vista Downgrade

,----[ Quote ]
| You may have heard recently that Windows is now giving PC owners the option
| to "downgrade" from Windows Vista Business or Ultimate to Windows XP.  You
| can read more about this development here...
`----

http://reviewuncle.com/news/latest/windows-vista-downgrade.html

This is the most frequent query in Microsoft's helplines.

Some just buy a Mac or install Linux on a vacant new partition (preparing for a
gradual migration to tomorrow's O/S).