[News] Review of Sabayon Linux 3.4f, KDE Grabs Top Spot of Distrowatch

  • Subject: [News] Review of Sabayon Linux 3.4f, KDE Grabs Top Spot of Distrowatch
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 23:16:20 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Sabayon Linux 3.4f - Work Of A Wifi Genius.

,----[ Quote ]
| Well, another version of Sabayon Linux which is based on  the unstable
| branch of Gentoo Linux is up for grabs.
`----

http://www.linuxseekers.com/content/view/110/1/

Is Ubuntu losing its crown to PCLinuxOS?

,----[ Quote ]
| If we look at the figures for the past six months, you may be surprised by
| the fact that topping that list is PCLinuxOS. Intuition would suggest that
| Ubuntu Linux should be at the top of that list.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/view.php?src=rss&id=1774

Related:

Press release: Sabayon Linux 3.4 x86/x86-64 miniEdition [Stable Release]

,----[ Quote ]
|  Distribution updates 3.4:
|     * Improved OpenGL configuration reliability
|     * NVIDIA Drivers updated to 100.14.19
|     * Compiz Fusion stability fixes (will be soon enabled by default on the
|       supported hardware)
|     * Boot time 15% faster
`----

http://www.sabayonlinux.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=10483

Sabayon, the Gentle Gentoo

,----[ Quote ]
| Gentoo, formerly known as Enoch Linux is one of the pioneers among the Linux
| distributions. It is well-known and loved for its speed (the Gentoo species
| is the fastest swimming penguin), and hated for its unfriendliness with Linux
| newbies. Thus, many flavours of Gentoo have been created including this
| highly capable one named Sabayon.
`----

http://junauza.blogspot.com/2007/09/sabayon-gentle-gentoo.html

ReviewLinux.Com: Sabayon Linux 3.4f Not just a pretty face.

,----[ Quote ]
| This is our first look at Sabayon Linux 3.4f. This distro has an excellent
| KDE desktop and we have produced a small flash video to see Sabayon Linux
| 3.4f in action.
`----

http://www.reviewlinux.com/index.php?m=show&id=6951

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ8IIyikhkc

Review: Sabayon Linux 3.4a

,----[ Quote ]
| Sabayon Linux is a distribution that has nearly everything for everyone in
| one nice, neat little package. Well, I can hardly call it small, given that
| it expands to over 9.5 gig once installed. Overall, the hardware support is
| quite good as well. In fact, it’s really good.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=289

Sabayon Linux: Something for everyone

,----[ Quote ]
| If you've tried Sabayon in the past and found it lacking, give this version a
| try. I'm glad I can finally give this derivative of my favorite distro a
| thumbs-up. I just may continue using Sabayon as my main operating system.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/118469

Review: Sabayon Business Edition 1.0

,----[ Quote ]
| With all the hype about Sabayon Linux we at ReviewLinux.Com just had to take
| a first look at this Linux distribution. The live DVD booted fine and we
| enjoyed taking a look at this fully software packed Linux distro.
`----

http://www.reviewlinux.com/index.php?m=show&id=6500

Sabayon Linux 3.4 review

,----[ Quote ]
| Sabayon is one distribution that can give all major distributions a run for
| their money and it is almost there as well. The power of open source can not
| be felt with binary distribution packages, the real power comes with custom
| compilation, and an environment that provides an easy way to do the same.
| Sabayon is the kind of environment that one should be looking at if s/he
| wants to harnass the true power.
|
| Hope that sabayon mantains its right track and iron out the rough corners so
| that we can rely on a really briliant star.
`----

http://simplyjat.blogspot.com/2007/08/sabayon-linux-34-review.html

Sabayon 3.4 - Through the Looking Glass

,----[ Quote ]