Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft <strikeout>Produces</strikeout> Devours INNOVA~1 Software

[H]omer wrote:
Roy Schestowitz spake thusly:
High Plains Thumper on Wednesday:
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

<SNIP>

,----[ Quote ]
| Asked about these problems, Arno Edelmann, Microsoft's European
| business security product manager, told ZDNet UK on Thursday | that the code itself has pieces missing.
|
| "Usually Microsoft doesn't develop products, we buy products.
| It's not a bad product, but bits and pieces are missing," said
| Edelmann.
`----

I.e. the bits and pieces needed to weld it on to their own /products/
are missing. It worked perfectly well /before/ they assimilated it. Or
IOW, if they're going to base they're entire business model on
harvesting other's technology, they need to start buying some clues as
well.

They are a for profit only entity, IMHO. They will only do what is necessary to gain a return. Additional investment into making things work (remember how Windows 98 was never fixed - continued to crash) is not a goal, unless it affects their market share.

Interesting is Microsoft products being incompatible with each other.
[...]
Vista and Zune were also incompatible.

Like OneCare (i.e. GeCAD RAV), the Zune was also a rebadged product
(Toshiba Gigabeat).

Buying Microsoft products is like shopping at a Taiwanese flea market.

Except that Taiwan sells real products, not licenses and one can find true bargains. :-)

--
HPT