Re: The Microsoft Bury Brigade is Very Busy at Digg.com

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Barb Dwyer
<dwyer@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Wed, 3 Oct 2007 11:50:53 -0400
<4703ae69$0$26382$88260bb3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>> This isn't exactly news because _yet again_, another item
>> that *rightly* criticises Microsoft for abuse is wiped off
>> the front page of Digg.com, within _minutes_ (which is
>> quite rare). The Microsoft Digg Bridge must be refreshing
>> that page pretty fast and airbrushing unwanted 'news', because
>> it can.
>>
>> If only you knew how many Iowa exhibits got knocked off the
>> front page shortly after they had entered it...
>>
>> What was that story about Microsoft sending shills to a poll
>> in order to make .NET seem more popular than Java? Or paying
>> 'sympathetic forum members'?
>>
>> Ironically, the item that has just been buried described the
>> _very same_ behaviour that keeps Digg.com 'censored'.
>>
>> http://antitrust.slated.org/www.iowaconsumercase.org/091607/3000/PXO3096.pdf
>

> Could some doctor please prescribe Roy Schestowitz some drugs to help him
> deal with his paranoid schizophrenic delusions? Mental disease, while not
> completely curable, can be controlled with modern medical advances.
>
> Roy Schestowitz is clearly losing his (limited) mental abilities with this
> never ending nonsense of how Microsoft controls everything in the world from
> websites to politicians to the national policy of foreign nations. Somebody
> please help this child before it's too late.

Indeed, since everyone is clearly accepting Windows Vista
in the workplace and in the world at large, with its
innovative new features, its permissive user model, its
new 3D display system, and its open software support.

http://thebrowser.blogs.fortune.com/2006/10/27/a-vista-revolt-begins/
http://www.theinquirer.net/en/inquirer/news/2006/03/23/microsoft-employees-in-vista-revolt
http://vista.blorge.com/2007/05/04/vista-drains-notebook-batteries-manufacturers-revolt/
http://98poundgeekling.wordpress.com/2007/04/20/vista-causes-dell-customer-revolt/
http://www.deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,660216480,00.html
http://blogs.msdn.com/tims/archive/2006/09/20/763275.aspx
http://www.techspot.com/news/22798-windows-vista-and-uac-annoyances.html
http://lifehacker.com/software/vista/windows-vista-tip--disable-annoying-need-your-permission-to-continue-prompts-230866.php
http://www.windowswatch.co.uk/2007/09/uac-not-deliber.html
http://swik.net/Xgl/YouTube+Xgl+Movies/No+need+for+Windows+Vista%27s+3D+Desktop/wg30
http://blogs.sun.com/kt/entry/windows_vista_3d_desktop

and of course

http://kadaitcha.cx/vista/dogsbreakfast/index.html

As you can see from these articles, Vista is being
enthusiastically accepted by the user community, by the
OEMs, and of course by Microsoft, and will displace all
copies of Linux real soon now.  Especially since the
OEMs such as Dell do not support Linux in any way shape
or form:

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/linux_3x?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

</sarcasm, in case it wasn't blatantly obvious>

There is some good news for us open sourcers, if not (directly)
for us Linuxers:

http://www.opengl.org/pipeline/article/vol003_9/

However:

http://www.opengl.org/resources/faq/technical/mswindows.htm#mswi0111
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q272222/

so it's not a cakewalk.

But never mind that: where do you want to go today?

As for Roy's addiction to various substances, I for one can't say.
My demarcation stops at expresso and a very very rare drink
of wine or champagne.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Linux sucks efficiently, but Windows just blows around
a lot of hot air and vapor.