[News] [Rival] Vista Conspiracy Theory, Beginning of Microsoft's End? (Linux Being the Future)

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Vista Conspiracy Theory, Beginning of Microsoft's End? (Linux Being the Future)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 11:04:23 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
A Microsoft Windows / Linux Conspiracy Theory

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft realized with XP that the NT kernel’s days were numbered, which is
| why they talked of the complete rewrite that was to be Longhorn / Vista (and
| be wonderful and ship in 2003, etc). Well with all of the efforts that went
| into that, and Vista basically becoming what would’ve happened to Apple if it
| truly had shipped Copland, Microsoft finds itself in a bind. Obviously they
| need to support the product they shipped, which is where SP1 and its
| successors come in. However, I think we’ll see some behind the scenes action
| regarding their fight against OSF and the Linux folks and we’ll see how this
| evolves into the next version of Windows.
`----

http://chris.pirillo.com/2007/09/28/a-microsoft-windows-linux-conspiracy-theory/

Is it the Beginning of the End for Microsoft?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.abcarticledirectory.com/Article/Is-it-the-Beginning-of-the-End-for-Microsoft-/84576