Re: latest example of MICROS~1 integrated INNOVA~1 ..

____/ [H]omer on Wednesday 03 October 2007 02:01 : \____

>> ____/ Doug Mentohl on Tuesday 02 October 2007 11:01 : \____
>>
>>> "one in every 833 emails in September were infected with malicious
>>> attachments compared to one in every 1,000 during August, new research
>>> reveals"
>>>
>>> "The emails .. carry a malicious payload designed to give hackers
>>> control of infected [Microsoft Windows] PCs.
>>>
>>> http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2199970/nude-angelina-jolie-emails-fuel
>>
>> This also enables the FBI to remotely install spyware.
>
> Isn't that what Automatic Updates is for?
>
> Or is that only when it's operating in "stealth" mode?

I don't think updates are even required. The Blue E is enough.

FBI ducks questions about its remotely installed spyware

,----[ Quote ]
| There are plenty of unanswered questions about the FBI spyware that, as we
| reported earlier this week, can be delivered over the Internet and implanted
| in a suspect's computer remotely.
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9747666-7.html

Roy S. Schestowitz      | while (!0==1) echo 'Bill Gates' > /dev/null
 06:05:01 up 23 days,  4:11,  5 users,  load average: 0.48, 0.87, 1.07