Re: [News] Funny Article Advocating Linux

____/ Jim Richardson on Tuesday 02 October 2007 07:22 : \____

> On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 06:52:52 +0100,
>  Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> ____/ Jim Richardson on Tuesday 02 October 2007 05:57 : \____

>>> How? by offering a way for former windows users to extract their data
>>> and save it in open formats?
>>
>> Office 2007 wasn't even out yet when the Novell deal was signed. Microsoft
>> was required to (and reluctantly prepared to) implement ODF support for
>> Microsoft
>> Office.  Instead, it bribed companies to get the upper arm.
>>

> Again you fail to answer the question that was asked.
>
> You claimed that Linspire assists Microsofts attempts to lock in users.
>
> How?
>
> Don't respond with something about Novell or SuSE, that's a different
> company and distro. Please answer the question you have been
> asked.

"Assist" has the wrong tense. Linspire assisted Microsoft when it signed a deal
that says it would support OOXML 'translators'.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    #00ff00 Day - Basket Case
Tasks: 176 total,   1 running, 174 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie