Re: [Roy Schestowitz doesn't Lie Again] Article Shows That Linux Architecture is Better Than the Windows Architecture (was: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Article Shows That Linux Architecture is Better Than the Windows Architecture)

On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 12:25:32 -0500, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

> On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 00:48:51 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> More than half of Microsoft Vista needs re-writing
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| "Up to 60% of the code in the new consumer version of Microsoft new Vista
>>| operating system is set to be rewritten..."
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=30516
>
> Once again, Roy.  You completely mischaracterize and lie about the contents
> of the article you reference.
>
> Your title says that 60% of Vista's code needs to be re-written.  The
> article you reference talks about 60% of the Windows code base being
> rewritten for Vista.
>
> In other words, Vista is the result of the 60% rewrite, not that Vista
> requires 60% of it's code to be rewritten.
>
> Why do lie like this?

Ok, for the second time today, I issue a mea culpa.  I just noticed the
article you linked to had the same headline, adn that you did not create
it.

Still, you quote it, and the title is talking about pre-release vista code
being rewritten prior to release, not released vista code needing to be
rewritten.