[News] $100 Linux Laptop Has Impact Beyond Education

  • Subject: [News] $100 Linux Laptop Has Impact Beyond Education
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 11:47:06 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Portables to power PC industry

,----[ Quote ]
| The XO laptop may have been created to help children in developing nations,
| but its influence is likely to be felt far beyond the classroom.

Getting to know the OLPC's 'XO'

,----[ Quote ]
| One Laptop Per Child's XO (commonly referred to as the $100 laptop) is
| designed to change the world by bringing computing resources to children in
| the developing world. But the many innovations in the XO may also end up
| changing the world of technology.

Negroponte says Intel should be "ashamed of itself"

,----[ Quote ]
| He is furious that Intel's CEO Craig Barrett called the One Laptop a
| gadget. The Negroponte initiative is caught in the middle of a vicious
| fight between AMD and Intel, he said.

One Laptop Per Child - Production Delays Caused By Microsoft, Intel?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.lockergnome.com/nexus/blade/2007/04/28/one-laptop-per-child-production-delays-caused-by-microsoft-intel/