[News] Linux Gets New Feature: Shadow Directories, Other Suggestions Made

  • Subject: [News] Linux Gets New Feature: Shadow Directories, Other Suggestions Made
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 19:51:26 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
[Linux Gets] Shadow Directories

,----[ Quote ]
| Jaroslav Sykora posted a series of five patches to handle the kernel portion
| of what he described as "shadow directories", providing an example which
| utilized FUSE to access the contents of a compressed file from the command
| line.
`----

http://kerneltrap.org/Linux/Shadow_Directories

Seven Areas Where Linux Could Get Better

,----[ Quote ]
| Not all these features will get in, showing the stop-and-go road for
| improvements to make their way into the Linux kernel.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/software/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=202404645&cid=RSSfeed_TechWeb

What does the Linux desktop really need?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/id/4174