Re: [News] Linux Gets Earcandy

____/ Rick on Friday 19 October 2007 19:55 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> ____/ Rick on Friday 19 October 2007 17:50 : \____

>>> No, Gnome does not. It relies on Nautilus to manage the the desktop. You
>>> can use Walpapoz (sp?), but that is not Gnome. From what I have read,
>>> KDE doesn't either if you are using Compiz.
>>
>> Interesting.
>>
>> Well, as far as GNOME goes, a colleague of mine achieved this, so I assumed
>> it was built in as a capability. It didn't exist in GNOME when I was using
>> Ubuntu 4.10 at one of my jobs.
>>
>> As for KDE, it existed in version 3.1 and probably earlier versions as well.
>> The GUI was a bit complex compared to the layout that you find in 3.5.x.
>> Still, it's built into vanilla KDE and works fantastically.
>>
> ... apparently not with Compiz.

Sounds reasonable. When I come to think about it, I never saw a Beryl video
with different wallpapers on different sides of the cube (or other shape).

.oʍʇ sɐ buıɥʇ ɥɔns ou s,ǝɹǝɥʇ 'ɹǝpuǝq 'ʎɹɹoʍ ʇ,uop :ʎɹɟ
.oʍʇ ɐ ʍɐs ı ʇɥbnoɥʇ ı puɐ ...ǝɹǝɥʍʎɹǝʌǝ soɹǝz puɐ sǝuo .ɯɐǝɹp 1nɟʍɐ uɐ
ʇɐɥʍ 'ɥɥɥɐ :ɹǝpuǝq
Tasks: 115 total,   1 running, 111 sleeping,   0 stopped,   3 zombie