Re: [News] Mark Shuttleworth Wants Open Source to Win, Linus Claimed to be Somewhat Apathetic

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 19 October 2007 15:22 : \____

>> ____/ 7 on Tuesday 16 October 2007 23:19 : \____

>>> Linus stated often enough that he doesn't care.
>>> Whereas the freedom movement does.
>>> There is nothing inherently wrong - its just a case of listening
>>> and asking the right persons to do the right things.
>>> If you care about free software, you go to Stallman.
>>
>> To be fair, he /did/ slam the patent FUD, but all the mess higher up in the
>> stack he is totally uninvolved with.
>>
>> Probably APIs in his head, not Linux news...
>>

> We can't all do everything.

Yes, he's doing the right thing. I said this before. Let him do what he does
best. As he said once (not exact quote, because I can't recall), "think of me
(Linus) as the engineer and of Stallman as the great philosopher."

Roy S. Schestowitz      | GNU is Not Universal (begin recursion)
         run-level 2  2007-10-16 15:14                   last=