[News] Microsoft Plots to Hijack Open Source Companies

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft Plots to Hijack Open Source Companies
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 04:40:42 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Ballmer: Microsoft Will Buy Open-Source Companies

,----[ Quote ]
| "We will do some buying of companies that are built around open-source
| products," Ballmer said during an onstage interview at the Web 2.0 Summit in
| San Francisco.
`----

http://www.crn.com/software/202404305

They have already snatched XenSource (by proxy), SpikeSource (IIRC), and Zend.

Recent:

Steve Ballmer: "I would love to see all open source innovation happen on top of
Windows"

,----[ Quote ]
| Steve Ballmer apparently likes open source. Well, so long as it drives
| Windows revenue. And doesn't replace any. Ever. In fact, as he said at an
| event in Microsoft last week in London that he hopes to see all open-source
| innovation going to Windows, rather than Linux (more below).
`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9793052-16.html?tag=more

Steve Ballmer on Open Source, Online and Other

,----[ Quote ]
| Any plans to bring development tools to other platforms? No.
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2007/10/steve_ballmer_o.html?source=rss

OSI approves Microsoft licenses

,----[ Quote ]