[News] Linux Forces Windows Prices to Drop

  • Subject: [News] Linux Forces Windows Prices to Drop
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:23:40 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft discounting heavily to keep market share

,----[ Quote ]
| As reported on the MoneyforJam blog, Microsoft is heavily discounting Windows
| to keep market share in the face of cheaper Linux offerings.
`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9798881-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad

It was the same story in Thailand some years ago. They try to suck money using
the extortion that is Vista, but it doesn't sell, so they preinstall for
almost no profit.

Rekated:

Windows Vista at $1

,----[ Quote ]
| So How is piracy so open in China? Is china having an AntiPiracy
| law? Read out this article from San Francisco Chronicle on China's
| take on Piracy.
`----

http://blog.techiezone.in/2007/05/10/windows-vista-at-1/

Governments Must Reject Gates' $3 Bid to Addict Next Billion PC Users

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.cybersource.com.au/press/gates_set_to_addict_next_billion.html