Re: [News] Totem now support YouTube, with plugin

____/ [H]omer on Thursday 18 October 2007 04:14 : \____

> Play YouTube vids right from the media player:
>
> .----
> | YouTube has come to Totem…
> |
> | ..in the form of a plugin I've written which allows you to browse
> | YouTube from the comfort of everyone's favourite movie player. It
> | allows searching for videos, and when you play a video, it displays
> | its related videos.
> `----
>
> http://tecnocode.co.uk/?page=blog&action=view_item&id=63
>
> Cool!

It's a bit like scraping. No wonder Google has begun testing in-video
translucent ads, but people hate them and there's already a Firefox extension
that strips that nonesense (I tried to install it, but it b0rked Firefox).

For governments that eavesdrop, here is a quick list of tags: Communism,
Hawaiian shirts, China, Suitcase, Martha Stewart, Encryption, Prison, Stalin.
Thanks for tuning in.