Re: The Micoshaft Asstroturfer rodolfo.garcia, is back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After takin' a swig o' grog, cc belched out this bit o' wisdom:

> I never implied that they're back to counter Roy. I implied that there
> was a correlation between Roy posting and these so called trolls.

So you're positing a spurious correlation?

> Every time someone complains about Roy's posts, the response is
> usually, "Keep up the good work Roy, you're really sticking it to
> those trolls." Well if they aren't even around when he doesn't post
> and one of the purpose of his posts is to drown out trolls (his words,
> not mine), then really shouldn't he not post? Or perhaps does he have
> some other motive for posting?

My guess is Roy's motives are mixed:  love of Linux and happiness in its
successes, and dismay at the behavior of certain companies and their
zealous excesses.

Oh, I didn't really notice a downturn in trolls when Roy wasn't here.
Any small amount of reduction that did exist, I'd attribute to Roy not
being there to provoke them.

Anyway, I generally like Roy posting.  Can't read all of them, though!

--
Tux rox!