[News] GNOME to Present at Embedded Linux Conference, Now Supports YouTube inside Totem

  • Subject: [News] GNOME to Present at Embedded Linux Conference, Now Supports YouTube inside Totem
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 10:55:15 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
CE Linux Embedded Linux Conference Europe approaching

,----[ Quote ]
| During April's CE Linux Embedded Linux conference in Santa Clara, GMAE was
| announced. CELF is organizing a Embedded Linux Conference also in Europe this
| year, in Linz in Austria.
`----

http://gnomedesktop.org/node/3592

YouTube videos playing locally (natively) on Linux, without the Flash browser
plugin.

Totem YouTube plugin

http://tecnocode.co.uk/?page=blog&action=view_item&id=63

Related:

GNOME 2.22 planning: GIO and GVFS proposed for inclusion

,----[ Quote ]
| The GIO library, a GObject-based abstraction layer for I/O, has been proposed
| for inclusion in GNOME 2.22.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2007/09/28/gnome-2-22-planning-gio-and-gvfs-proposed-for-inclusion
http://tinyurl.com/23kvpg

GNOME 2.22 planning: Empathy messaging client and toolkit proposed for
inclusion

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2007/09/28/gnome-2-22-planning-empathy-messaging-client-and-toolkit-proposed-for-inclusion