[News] The New Mandriva and Latest Wine Receive Praise

  • Subject: [News] The New Mandriva and Latest Wine Receive Praise
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 10:46:23 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Mandriva Linux PowerPack 2008.0 review

,----[ Quote ]
| Like I usually say when Mandriva is at the apex of its release cycle, this is
| desktop Linux as it should be. It's as advanced and complex as you need it to
| be, and as automatic as most people would like it to be. Unlike nearly every
| other desktop-oriented OS, with Mandriva I never run into incidents where the
| automatic parts of the system interfere with my intentions for desktop
| operation.
`----

http://www.softwareinreview.com/cms/content/view/86/

Wine is Getting Good

,----[ Quote ]
| Wine is at version 0.9.47. As it nears version 1.0, it's becoming clear that
| the goals of the project are being met.
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/21069

Related and recent:

TransGaming and Mandriva Renew OEM Agreement to Game Enable MandrivaLinux 2008
With Cedega

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=777371