Re: [News] [Rival] Oh dear, yet another Vista failure

____/ [H]omer on Tuesday 16 October 2007 21:20 : \____

> Major memory leak causes slow death ... just copying files!
>
> .----
> |    ta bu shi da yu writes "It appears that, incredibly, Vista can
> | run out of memory while copying files. ZDNet is reporting that not
> | only does it run out of memory after copying 16,400+ files, but
> | that 'often there is little indication that file copy operations
> | haven't completed correctly.' Apparently a fix was scheduled for
> | SP1 but didn't make it; there is a hotfix that you must request."
> `----
>
> http://rss.slashdot.org/~r/Slashdot/slashdot/~3/170755506/article.pl
>
> "Request"?
>
> ######
> Dear Microsoft,
>
> I am one of that small subgroup comprising everybody who has a problem
> with memory leaks whilst doing nothing more insidious than just copying
> files under Vista.
>
> I humbly request that you allow me to please down^H^H^H^Hbuy a copy of
> your hotflix to solve this universal problem of your own creation.
>
> I understand the impact this hotflix may have on national security,
> therefore I am prepared to sign an NDA, the Official Secrets Act,
> sacrifice my first born, and bend over and grab my ankle's for Sweaty's
> grease-gun, but please for the love of God just give me the damned hotflix.
>
> Yours forever,
> A. Victim.
> ######

Anyone who touched Vista must be a fool, but sadly enough, many computers come
with this bug and spyware preinstalled. No wonder nations have begun yelling
and calling for a Vista boycott. No wonder Allchin and Gates retired (READ:
ran away before the shoutings began).

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Error, no keyboard - press F1 to continue"
 01:00:02 up  9:45,  3 users,  load average: 0.70, 1.28, 1.66