[News] [Rival] Even Microsoft Admits Its Failures

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Even Microsoft Admits Its Failures
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 15:58:08 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
MSN Admits Zune is Ugly

| I saw a post on the homepage of MSN today for the top design disasters of the
| tech world. Guess what made the list? Our friend the brown Zune. Good to see
| Microsoft has some humor in itself, even if it is a stretch from one of their
| affiliate companies.
`----

http://theappleblog.com/2007/10/12/msn-admits-zune-is-ugly/

Ballmer: Microsoft's behind Google in ads, search

| Microsoft Chief Executive Steve Ballmer says the software giant has a long
| way to go to compete with Google, when it comes to search and advertising.
`----

http://www.news.com/Ballmer-In-advertising-and-search%2C-Microsofts-way-behind-Google/2100-1024_3-6213073.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

A Word of Warning about Microsoft Live Writer

| Reminds of my college newspaper days, when 20,000 copies hit the street with
| this gem of a headline (A 2-line headline is referred to as
| a "double-decker"):
|
|     A Triple Decker
|
|     Goes Up Here
|
|     And Down Here
`----

http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2007/10/a_word_of_warni.html

Buggy software is standard.

Related and recent:

,----[ Quote ]
| Yahoo was the second most used engine, followed by Baidu, the Chinese
| language search engine, the report said.
|
| Google sites 37 billion searches
|              ^^
| Yahoo sites - 8.5 billion
|               ^^^
| Baidu 3.2 billion
| Microsoft sites 2.1 billion
|                 ^^^

Microsoft Search Leader To Leave Company

,----[ Quote ]
| The Microsoft Corp. vice president who led the company's push into
| Internet search is leaving the software giant as the effort he
| helped launch loses ground against lead competitor Google Inc.
`----

http://online.wsj.com/preview_login.html?url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB117329976478329930.html%3Fmod%3Dyahoo_hs%26ru%3Dyahoo
http://tinyurl.com/2jran7

Microsoft says Zune executive will leave company

,----[ Quote ]
| Bryan Lee, corporate vice president at Microsoft's entertainment
| and devices division, also played a key role in shaping the Xbox
| game console business and the introduction of its Internet
| Protocol television software.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-6155200.html

Yet another Microsoft search exec calls it quits

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=407