Re: Indexing Frequency and Site Size

____/ Big Bill on Friday 28 September 2007 23:34 : \____

> On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 21:33:19 -0700, Tim <tm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>>Google isn't stupid and they've already figured out about filler pages
>>manipulating their serps. So it no longer matters if you have a billion
>>pages to your site or 1 single page to your site as far as them visiting
>>your site or pagerank is concerned. So the SEO Dave method of filler
>>pages for so called white hat seo is dead and gone. R.I.P. Filler Pages.
>>You've probably noticed lately that google is indexing a lot less of
>>them then they used to I'm sure.
>
> Some of us noticed they were doing that a couple of years back. Sam,
> is this you again?
>
>> What do you think that's all about?
>
> I think it's about saving server space, which if you think about it
> costs Google a lot of bucks. Remember Google buying all that dark
> cable and whatever in Oregon, was it? they were going to build a big
> old server farm there and it's giong to cost big bucks. They don't
> want to waste resources keeping duplicate copies of Amazon sites. Or
> public domain books, for that matter.
>
>>Google has finally woken up and taking back control of their search
>>engine. Bye Bye to internal pages created soley for manipulating a
>>site's serp in Google. Google sees that practice now for what it is
>>namely Black Hat SEO.
>
> This not just in...

Just for the record, those thousands of pages that I mentioned are not fillers.
I actually wrote them. I still thank you and Tim for some valuable advice and
I am glad that Google took some steps to knock down jumbo sites filled by
mumbo-jumbo from the public domain.

Microsoft loves competition.
"I’m thinking of hitting the OEMs harder than in the past with anti-Linux. ...
they should do a delicate dance"
                --Joachim Kempin, Microsoft OEM Chief