Re: [News] Novell Gets 'Punished' for Deal with the Mafia

____/ Jerry McBride on Monday 15 October 2007 23:05 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Novell restructuring nears end
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | A former Novell worker who still has ties with the company told the
>> | Daily Herald he had heard as many as 600 jobs could be eliminated or
>> | moved overseas to lower labor-cost countries including India, where
>> | Novell has a software development center.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/240131/
>>

> GOD! Whatever code that may roll out of India, it'll be just as bad as the
> crap in Vista. Nothing... of quality comes out of cheap sweat shops.

The next version of Windows (post Vista) is developed there (maybe exclusively,
see below), but I don't think it's a question of money and skills, but a
matter of Microsoft not being able to attract the good American developers.
India has good developers, but so does Google... it's a shame that all the
good Softies flock elsewhere, isn't it?

Microsoft India centre working on Windows 7

,----[ Quote ]
| Designers and engineers at Microsoft R&D centre in India have a new mandate
| for development of Windows 7, the next generation operating system from
| Microsoft Corporation, slated for release in 2009-10.
`----

http://www.moneycontrol.com/india/news/business/microsoft-india-centre-workingwindows-7/09/56/296305

Related stuff:

Mumbai dabbawallahs charm IIT B-school

,----[ Quote ]
| For instance, Microsoft has tied up with the dabbawallahs for
| marketing computers and laptops. Wearing Vista T shirt and cap,
| they distribute Microsoft leaflets as they deliver lunch boxes.
`----

http://www.rediff.com/money/2007/mar/16dabba.htm

The WoW is Now! - Microsoft India Corporate Anthem - Worst Song Ever?

,----[ Quote ]
| And remember - "...don't even try asking me to lend you mine, 'cause
| you only get the WoW if it's genuine..." 'Nuff said...
`----

http://www.justuber.com/blog/2007/02/12/the-wow-is-now-microsoft-india-corporate-anthem-worst-song-ever/

In India, Vista is powered by Windows XP

,----[ Quote ]
| Slightly peeved, i told him i wanted to check the interface myself...
| got my hands on the keyboard and promptly pressed the Windows key...
| to find... hold your breath... this entire thing was a flash promo running
| on a Windows XP Professional box...
`----

http://gautham.maediratta.com/index.php/2007/02/12/in-india-vista-is-powered-by-windows-xp/
http://tinyurl.com/2d6txm

Roy S. Schestowitz      |  INQredible Hacktivism