[News] Mandriva 2008 Praised, New Linux Kernel Released, Vista Gets National Boycott

  • Subject: [News] Mandriva 2008 Praised, New Linux Kernel Released, Vista Gets National Boycott
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:54:43 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Mandriva 2008.0 rocks

,----[ Quote ]
| Mandriva 2008.0 seems to be a splendid release. Since setup I've not
| experienced any problems. My system is fast, responsive, and stable. The new
| artwork is gorgeous, and the fonts look great as well. I was pleased with the
| hardware support, especially the powersaving features. I can play any
| multimedia file format I have, and watch Flash videos on the Web.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/119783

New kernel released:

Linux 2 6 23

http://kernelnewbies.org/Linux_2_6_23

Vista boycott:

Dutch Consumer Association declares war on Vista

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2007/10/13/dutch_consumer_association_declares_war/

Still losing grip on the market:

CIOs to Microsoft: Forget 'get legal' program, cut our license pain instead

,----[ Quote ]
| Licensing compliance checks rubbing some customers the wrong way
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=enterprise_applications&articleId=9041519&taxonomyId=87&intsrc=kc_top

Looking better for Linux each day and *worse* for Vista each day, as well. So
they resorted to patent trolling... they can't compete.