COLA Stats: Saturday the 13th of October, 2007.

  • Subject: COLA Stats: Saturday the 13th of October, 2007.
  • From: "[H]omer" <spam@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 07:41:10 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.25

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by [H]omer, 2007.

This report covers 1182 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     147  447617     5%
   2. flatfish [nyms] - Mental-Ward Escapee             62   81608    54%
   3. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                   61   52360    53%
   4. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.   60  160417    27%
      DooFy - Money-Obsessed Goon                       60   67106    57%
   6. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      45   68979    73%
   7. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    42   19322    66%
   8. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                            40   73450    15%
   9. Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       38   47956    76%
  10. Ewik FUDenbusch                                   35   40779    50%
  11. cc - Shifty MS Apologist                          34   36401    68%
  12. Timmy 'Funkenbusch Wannabee' Smith                31   25759    45%
  13. amicus_curious - Troll                            30   47279    59%
  14. spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                              29   22648    60%
  15. Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>         28   13548    18%
  16. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>       27   29095    80%
  17. Hardon Quirk - Imbecile                           26   43635    52%
  18. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        25   25780    64%
  19. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>               22   27975    77%
      Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                 22 1142971     2%
  21. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxx   21   29803    31%
  22. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                            20   56617    87%
  23. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   18   37089    34%
  24. ml2mst <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                         17   25008    50%
  25. George Graves <gmgraves2@xxxxxxxxxxx>             15   46859    78%
  26. Oxford - Mac Looney                               12   13511    46%
      Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>               12   16689    79%
      Bailo the Clown                                   12    4830    36%
      Dennis@Skool - Hilariously Stupid Troll           12   11211    65%
  30. AZ Nomad <aznomad.2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          11    8633    65%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. Linux developers MUST consolidate and release a "m      115  182960
   2. First Linux patent suit filed                            40   40778
   3. Please tell me this website is satire.                   39   29241
   4. Microsoft Scrambling to Explain Ballmer Comment on       37   49804
   5. I Keep Reading About Gary Stewert = Flatfish. Wher       36   51946
   6. Linux users being equated with criminal phishing a       34   35704
   7. Google rises over $600                                   31   32696
   8. REAL COLA STATS: Saturday the 6th of October, 2007       28   30135
   9. COLA Stats: Saturday the 6th of October, 2007.           24   44384
  10. Linux is Probably A Superior Desktop Enviornment.        23   37579
      Flash crashes firefox                                    23   26660
  12. Worst UI Decision Ever                                   22   24477
  13. Microsoft Vista BSOD: 0x0000007F ... Help!               21   21040
      Wet dreams about Linux market share                      21   26108
  15. Call for rejection of Open XML as an ISO standard        20   24193
  16. X-Server crashes after (supposedly perfect) linux        18   21268
  17. This useless group is closed?                            16   31040
  18. GPL tested in court ..                                   15   33329
      Complain about Dr. Bill aka Clogwog                      15   24517
  20. [News] Another Microsoft Parnter (Novell) Possibly       13   14539
      I can't believe this actually happened to me             13   14500
  22. Microsoft 'monopoly' comes under fire                    11    9753
      Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation        11   12344
  24. REAL COLA STATS: Saturday the 13th of October, 200       10   14399
      Linux - Wireless just "stops out of nowhere"             10   16001
      Mother's ire puts Ballmer on defence over Vista          10   15862
  27. A week with Kubuntu Gutsy Gibbon                          9    7458
      [News] Miguel de Icaza and Microsoft                      9   11032
      LONG [News Digest] Linux News Digest for the 24hrs        9 1113699
      IBM Will Release Own Version of OpenOffice.org, Ca        9   15239
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. flatfish [nyms] - Mental-Ward Escapee                            67
   2. DooFy - Money-Obsessed Goon                                      61
   3. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          45
   4. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     43
   5. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     38
   6. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                                           34
      Ewik FUDenbusch                                                  34
   8. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  33
   9. Timmy 'Funkenbusch Wannabee' Smith                               30
  10. amicus_curious - Troll                                           29
  11. George Graves <gmgraves2@xxxxxxxxxxx>                            28
  12. Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                      25
  13. cc - Shifty MS Apologist                                         24
      spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                                             24
  15. Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        23
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        23
  17. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   22
      Oxford - Mac Looney                                              22
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      22
  20. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              16
  21. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       14
  22. Hardon Quirk - Imbecile                                          13
  23. Bailo the Clown                                                  11
      ml2mst <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                                        11
  25. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                           10
  26. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>                               9
      Dennis@Skool - Hilariously Stupid Troll                           9
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>                           9
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          9
  30. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          8
Toplist of Troll Feeders [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                     Msgs   %
   1. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                 27  60
      Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  27  71
   3. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              25  41
   4. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>      20  33
   5. flatfish [nyms] - Mental-Ward Escapee                        17  27
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                  17  63
   7. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               15  36
   8. spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                                         14  48
   9. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                       12  60
      Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    12  43
  11. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    9  36
  12. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>                           8  67
      Robin T Cox <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                               8  89
  14. DooFy - Money-Obsessed Goon                                   7  12
  15. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>      6  33
      Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                  6   4
      ml2mst <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                                     6  35
  18. Peter Kai Jensen <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>               5  71
      Bob Campbell <bob@xxxxxxx>                                    5  71
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                      5  45
  21. Hardon Quirk - Imbecile                                       4  15
  22. dapunka <dapunka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              3 100
      peterwn <peterwn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                             3  38
  24. Bailo the Clown                                               2  17
      owl <owl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                     2  40
      jebblue <n@xxxxx>                                             2 100
      AB <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                                    2  67
      cc - Shifty MS Apologist                                      2   6
      Freeride <freeride@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                             2 100
      Timmy 'Funkenbusch Wannabee' Smith                            2   6
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [3]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     98
   2. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        80
   3. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                78
   4. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                                           71
   5. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              57
   6. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          55
   7. George Graves <gmgraves2@xxxxxxxxxxx>                            52
   8. Ryan Paige <rp@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                      51
   9. p5000011 <p5000011@xxxxxxxxx>                                    50
      Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        50
      Handover Phist <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    50
      Thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                                  50
  13. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         49
  14. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  48
  15. Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>                          47
  16. ml2mst <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                                        43
  17. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       42
      chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   42
  19. AZ Nomad <aznomad.2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         36
  20. spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                                             34
  21. peterwn <peterwn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                32
  22. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     24
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      24
  24. Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                      20
  25. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>                              18
  26. Peter Kai Jensen <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                  14
  27. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                           10
  28. Robin T Cox <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                                   6
  29. Bob Campbell <bob@xxxxxxx>                                        2
Toplist of X-No-Archive Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. flatfish [nyms] - Mental-Ward Escapee                            29
   2. Bob Campbell <bob@xxxxxxx>                                        7
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           278
   2. Thunderbird                                                     157
   3. slrn                                                            150
   4. G2/1.0                                                          113
   5. Pan                                                             112
   6. Microsoft Outlook Express                                        93
   7. MT-NewsWatcher                                                   48
   8. Microsoft Windows Mail                                           46
   9. 40tude_Dialog                                                    35
  10. Forte Agent                                                      34
      tin                                                              34
  12. Gnus                                                             26
  13. Hogwasher/4.3                                                    15
  14. MacSOUP                                                           3
  15. Sylpheed                                                          2
  16. Unison                                                            1
      Microsoft Windows Live Mail 12.0.1365                             1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
      Claws Mail 3.0.2 (GTK+ 2.12.0; i686-pc-linux-gnu)                 1
[1]: Posts via mail to news gateways are dropped by this server
     and hence not included in the stats (currently disabled).
     Other attention seeking posters may not appear as well.
[2]: Troll feeder %'age is (troll feeding posts / total posts) * 100
[3]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "[Microsoft] are willing to lose money for years and years just to
|  make sure that you don't make any money, either." - Bob Cringely.
|  - http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html

 07:39:44 up 65 days,  6:34,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.02, 0.04