Re: [Rival] Apple's New Proprietary Toy Already Hacked

On Oct 30, 9:02 pm, "[H]omer" <s...@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Apple OSX
>
> Zzzzzz. ZZzz. Zzzzzzzzz. Zzz.

This sounds almost like a classic Microsoft Maneuver.
Remember when Microsoft would try to compare Windows 95 with Unix by
referring to it's clunky command line interface?  Microsoft knew that
Unix already had X11R6, which is still used today, had several very
reliable Window managers (one of which could be lobotomized into
looking and acting like Windows 95 (FVWM95), and had even BETTER
desktop  (CDE was the model for KDE look and feel).

It will be interesting to see if Apple actually DOES introduce any
really NEW paradigms with Leopard.  Apple is very good at making the
work done on Linux look much more Artistic, but I haven't seen any
substantial or radical innovations that didn't already exist in some
form on Linux/OSS.  Is there a good link to all 164 new features?