Re: [News] Linux CLI Enhanced Even Further

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Tue, 30 Oct 2007 21:56:22 +0000
<1250936.y2Qtv4J3Nc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> ____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Tuesday 30 October 2007 19:02 : \____
>
>> Yeah, such innovation.  And yet .BAT files persist
>> even today.  Blecch.
>
> I did some batch scripting as a teenager. There's some
> expressive power, but it's very low and it takes a lot
> of effort (or lines of code) to achieve simple things
> that Linux achieves very easily, elegantly, and quickly.
> There's surely a lot of catching up to do. Some GNU
> utilities have evolved and matured for over 2 decades (!!).

Aw, but that's old stuff.  We should be using a modern
operating system like Vista.

</sarcasm>

At least Cygwin makes XP tolerable, bad as performance
is otherwise.  I'll admit I prefer native Linux though,
and that's mostly what I use anyway.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Been there, done that, didn't get the T-shirt.