[News] Lawyers Adopt Open Source Methodologies

  • Subject: [News] Lawyers Adopt Open Source Methodologies
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 21:50:27 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
The importance of open source in a legal process

,----[ Quote ]
| At my first daily news job, the “slot” editor would take the work of
| reporters out of a pneumatic tube, assign it to another desk editor for
| checking, then re-check the desk editor’s work to prepare the day’s list of
| stories for the decision-makers. (Yes, it was indeed a series of tubes.)
|
| When the open source process is energized, reporters take the job of the slot
| editor, calling on readers  for basic research, digesting the results and
| constantly re-starting the process. Lawyers also take on this role, as at the
| EFF.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1611

Related:

Open Source Lawyers

,----[ Quote ]
| Luckily, lawyers too are embracing the notion of community. Most
| recently I ran across the Open Bar Association where they feature
| discussions for lawyers by lawyers from all over the planet. Some
| of the topics discussed include linking analysis, GPL and license
| compatibility and other considerations.
`----

http://duckdown.blogspot.com/2007/03/open-source-lawyers.html

Linux Foundation adds ace open-source attorneys to team

,----[ Quote ]
| Updegrove is a partner and founder of Gesmer Updegrove in Boston, and is best
| known for blogging about open source and open standards on his Standards Blog
| on the Consortiuminfo.org Web site he created and manages. Updegrove has
| received particular notoriety for his criticism of Microsoft in its quest to
| make its XML-based document format, Open XML, an international standard.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20070808/tc_infoworld/90853

Video of Gates Shown in Microsoft Trial

,----[ Quote ]