[News] More Questions Raised About Mono's Agenda

  • Subject: [News] More Questions Raised About Mono's Agenda
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 09:58:18 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Miguel's delusions of grandeur

,----[ Quote ]
| What is Miguel de Icaza's latest game? His obsession with tailgating
| everything that Microsoft develops - and trying to impress the company by
| producing Linux equivalents - now seems to be spreading to others as well.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/15089/1091/

Related:

Miguel, Mono and Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| is Mono's role in the deal that of a hook to make customers write
| .NET applications because they can be run on Linux - only to find
| later on that they are armless or legless because of a change in
| the .NETspecifications, a change which Microsoft decides not to
| make public?
|
| [...]
|
| And here we have an individual who decides to replicate one of
| the proprietary company's development environments - for reasons
| best known to him alone - and keeps telling people that the reason
| he's doing it is so that he can pull people over from the
| proprietary company's side to his side!!!
`----

http://www.itwire.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=11081&Itemid=1091

OpenSolaris, Gobuntu, and be careful who you kiss

,----[ Quote ]
| I read the agreement between Xandros and Microsoft, and one of the excluded
| products was Mono, so Microsoft promises to not sue Xandros over their
| distribution but excluding Mono and a few other products, i.e. they reserve
| the right to sue over Mono. I wonder if this is an interesting preview of on
| what basis they want to fight the free world.
|
| Interestingly, the Novell deal seems to be different, Mono is not excluded
| from the Novell deal. So Microsoft seems to be promising not to sue Novell
| over Mono, but keeps the option open for Xandros. Weird but true.
`----

http://commandline.org.uk/2007/be-careful-who-you-kiss/

Open Source Evolutionary

,----[ Quote ]