[News] Light Version of MEPIS Release; South African Press Featurs Linux Mint

  • Subject: [News] Light Version of MEPIS Release; South African Press Featurs Linux Mint
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 09:41:37 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
AntiX "Lysistrata", 7.0 Version Released

,----[ Quote ]
| Morgantown, WV, US and Thessaloniki, Greece, Oct 29, 2007 -- MEPIS has
| announced the "Lysistrata" release of antiX, a lightweight derivative of
| SimplyMEPIS 7.0. AntiX is built and maintained by MEPIS community member
| anticapitalista, as a free version of MEPIS for very old 32 bit PC hardware.
| The antiX web site is at antix.mepis.org and an antiX forum is hosted at
| www.mepislovers.org
`----

http://www.mepis.org/node/14171

Get a fresh desktop distro: Linux Mint 4

,----[ Quote ]
| There is also a KDE edition, which replaces the Gnome desktop and usually
| comes with more software. A fourth version is the Xfce community edition,
| which uses the less resource-hungry Xfce desktop.
`----

http://www.ioltechnology.co.za/article_page.php?from=rss_IOLTechHome&iSectionId=2883&iArticleId=4103944
http://tinyurl.com/3cr2xt

Recent:

ReviewLinux.com: Linux Mint 4.0 - An Elegant Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.reviewlinux.com/?m=show&id=7962