Re: Vote for Linux

____/ Mark Kent on Monday 29 October 2007 10:21 : \____

>> ____/ [H]omer on Sunday 28 October 2007 01:38 : \____

>>> Really? Where did you hear that?
>>
>> In Digg.com. By the time I saw this (about half a day later), the Linux
>> option was suddenly there.
>>
>> Bottom line: MSBBC tried to ignore Linux, but the large number of Linux
>> users in the UK led to an outcry. The suppressor was unable to suppress, so
>> to speak.
>>

> But look at this:
>
>    ------------------------------------------------------------------
> VOTE RESULTS
> Will you be buying Leopard?
> Yes - I need new spots 22.26%
> No - I'm happy with Tiger 6.31%
> No - Linux is my OS of choice 14.43%
> No - I'm a Windows user 56.98%
>
> 62508 Votes Cast
> Results are indicative and may not reflect public opinion
>    ------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> So, 14% of people voting when reading an Apple article are,
> ... wait for it ...
>
> Linux users!
>
> No doubt there have been a lot of people paid to vote for our two
> proprietary contenders, too.  Anyway, if you are a linux user and
> haven't voted, get on there *now* and do it!  If you're an Apple or
> Windows user, why are you in cola?

I could never figure out people who spend a lot of time promoting Apple
products. Apple already pays mil/billions for full-time marketing people, so
the others are doing it for free, making somebody else rich. This isn't the
case with Linux, which has no parent company or owner. I'm not talingk about
cheerleading for one Linux company like John Bailo does... I'm talking about
plain Linux... you know, the plain Linux that Novell is now working to
destroy, along with Microsoft.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    make install -not war
Tasks: 114 total,   1 running, 112 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie