Re: [News] ODF adoption booming

____/ Mark Kent on Monday 29 October 2007 10:05 : \____

http://enterpriselinuxlog.blogs.techtarget.com/2007/10/26/odf-alliance-hails-record-growth-application-support-for-odf/

>>> How many support Oh-Oh-XML, I wonder?
>>
>> None. Microsoft Office 2007 implements something that supports a derivative
>> of OOXML. Remember: Microsoft has admitted that it has no commitment to
>> support OOXML, even if it passes the ISO acid test. IOW, Microsoft can
>> continue to 'extend' and take its fully proprietary route, even without this
>> cloak called OOXML (which fool some people that may no longer consider it
>> proprietary). XML != Open.
>>
>> A lot more could be said...
>>

> Only the bought or the terminally naive could ever have considered that
> the OOXML push would be anything other than a con.
>
> Still, more than 24 applications supporting ODF would suggest that it's
> going to be a winner in all respects.

Why else would the monopolies pay one of its favourite sockpuppets to conduct a
study against ODF?

IDC report on Open Document Standards

,----[ Quote ]
| This study is a fact-based analysis of the emerging open document
| standards, Open XML and ODF.
`----

http://openxmldeveloper.org/archive/2006/11/27/IDC_Open_Document_Standards.aspx

Yes, it's paid for by Microsoft, but they don't want you to know this. It's
supposed to look subjective. I wrote about IDC earlier today <
http://boycottnovell.com/2007/10/28/idc-linux-fud/ > because IDC is now
attacking Linux. Again.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Have you compiled your kernel today?"
Cpu(s): 25.6%us,  4.4%sy,  1.0%ni, 64.8%id,  3.7%wa,  0.2%hi,  0.1%si,  0.0%st