[News] Making Linux Look Like OS X Couldn't be Easier

  • Subject: [News] Making Linux Look Like OS X Couldn't be Easier
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 01:14:26 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
[New article, for those who are hooked on the Mac looks]

Make Your Linux Desktop Look Like A Mac - Mac4Lin Project Documentation

,----[ Quote ]
| Do you want to give your desktop a dash of Mac OS X? Do you want to change
| your GNOME desktop from the default look to something like this?
`----

http://www.howtoforge.com/mac4lin_make_linux_look_like_a_mac

For KDE: http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=8692

Related:

[Opinion] Switch to Linux? No. Get a Mac Clone.

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm a marketing guy, and I look at everything in my world from a marketing
| perspective. From that perspective I think this whole "Switch to Linux"
| thing is unnecessarily hard work - so I take an easier approach to help
| people move in that direction.
|
| [...]
|
| And to finish this article, Kudos to Linux. I get two reactions when
| people look at the desktop on my Laptop and Desktop. One is.. "Er.. is
| that a Mac?" and the other is "Why don't you just buy a Mac?". Well
| kudos is due, because I don't NEED to buy a Mac. I can get the Mac
| look and feel, which I like, and the massive productivity boost of
| the desktop cube ( and enjoyable extras ) even on my three year
| old HP laptop.
`----

http://linuxscorecard.blogspot.com/2007/03/switch-to-linux-no-get-mac-clone.html
http://tinyurl.com/3bsk5l

The last Linux adoption barrier is marketing

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://enterpriselinuxlog.blogs.techtarget.com/2007/07/25/the-last-linux-adoption-barrier-is-marketing/