Re: Site HTML validation

____/ Ignoramus20839 on Thursday 25 October 2007 14:53 : \____

> Here's something that puzzled me for years. Google said, in not so many
> words, that they could not care less if the site validates.
>
> If a site renders its graphics as intented with major browsers, and is
> search engine friendly, why would it benefit, in any way, from passing
> validation checks?

Why go to a fine restaurant when you can eat on the sidewalk to save time and
money?

Validation leads to better and more maintainable. It helps you spot markup
errors and sometimes eliminates the need to test your pages in more than a
single Web browser.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | UNIX: Because a PC is a terrible thing to waste