Re: [News] [Rival] Apple's Leopard Lacks Polish... Gets BSoDs

____/ Peter Köhlmann on Sunday 28 October 2007 07:53 : \____

> Rick wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 01:28:39 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Some Leopard upgraders see 'blue screen of death'
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> reported | that after installing the new operating system, their
>>> machines locked up, | showing only an interminable -- and very
>>> Windows-like -- "blue screen of | death."
>>> `----
>> (snip)
>> I think its a little early for the Leopard bashing to start.
>>

> Why? Whenever MS botches an update, they get the deserved flak immedeately.
> Why spare apple?
> They have shown that their attendance to detail is not better than that of
> MS. The often mentioned "quality" of apple software is just a myth, and it
> has shown again

Peoplw whom I know where left stuck with only the command-line after rotten
updates from Apple. It does not make that Mac so easy to use.

We need to eliminate the perception that Mac is like a prettier Linux
(Compiz-fusion+Plasma+AWN looks better) which is easier to use and more
reliable. When Linux is packaged and preloaded properly, it's an excellent
system that /anyone/ can use without requiring help.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Disclaimer: no SCO code used to generate this post
Tasks: 105 total,   1 running, 104 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie