Re: [News] [Rival] How Bad is Windows Vista? Read This.

Verily I say unto thee, that William Poaster spake thusly:

> Furthermore, as I posted to Linonut, I read in a UK group that some
> people are having problems with Vista not getting an IP address from
> their routers or from some non-Microsoft DHCP servers?

In fairness, Microsoft are merely implementing RFC1542:

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1542.html (section 3.1.1)

However, they should have a fallback method for DHCP servers that do not
support the broadcast flag, which is a comparatively new feature.

Actually they /do/, but it should be automatic, not something which
requires users to edit the registry.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "[Microsoft] are willing to lose money for years and years just to
|  make sure that you don't make any money, either." - Bob Cringely.
|  - http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html

 01:08:08 up 80 days, 3 min,  3 users,  load average: 6.77, 5.70, 3.35