Re: Will you be buying Leopard?

____/ Kier on Saturday 27 October 2007 13:20 : \____

> On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 12:12:27 +0000, Rich R wrote:
>
>> p5000011 wrote:
>>
>>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/default.stm
>>>
>>> VOTE
>>> Will you be buying Leopard?
>>> Yes - I need new spots
>>> No  - I'm happy with Tiger
>>> No  - Linux is my OS of choice
>>> No  - I'm a Windows user
>>>
>>> Current votes:
>>>
>>> Yes - I need new spots         22.74%
>>> No  - I'm happy with Tiger      6.45%
>>> No  - Linux is my OS of choice 12.59%
>>> No  - I'm a Windows user       58.22%
>>> 29920 Votes Cast
>>
>> Considering the BBC News site isn't aimed at specifically at computer users
>> but more the general public I think the figures are probably a more
>> accurate representation of general computer use. If this is the case and
>> the figures are not skewed then to see Linux at over 12% is very
>> encouraging.
>
> I voted myself, just a few minutes before this was posted. For Linux, of
> course :-)

Some people dual-boot (for the time being) and they would probably vote "Linux
is my OS of choice". This shows the type of trend that surveys show... number
of Linux users doubled in the past year, but solid numbers as opposed
to /trend/ is hard to put a finger on... think of it as asking a 3-year-old
child what temperature the bathwater is and then trying to ask "is this hotter
and colder?"

The latter would be easier to answer.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: There are five regular polyhedra