Re: Typical Troll responses...

____/ SomeBloke on Saturday 27 October 2007 11:09 : \____

> On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 02:41:24 -0700, raylopez99 wrote:
>
>> Hey Homo, I mean [H]omer, I mean Toy, I mean Roy--you're all the same
>> thing aren't ya?

Thanks for reminding me why you're in the killfile. Just don't drool on your
fresh diaper while throwing your toys out the pram.

>> Didn't you know?  We live in a market economy.  If you're making money
>> (M$FT), it's validation that you're doing something right.
>>
>> A bar analogy--you walk into a bar, see the prettiest girl (or boy, as
>> your case may be), surrounded by guys/gals.  That's validation. That's
>> "beauty contest".  That's where you want to be.  That's MSFT-- and
>> they've won (for now) the beauty contest.
>>
>> Got it?
>>
>> Got Vista(TM)?
>>
>> RL
>>

>> [H]omer wrote:
>>> See if you can spot the pattern.
>>>
>>> COLA:  Microsoft has a monopoly.
>>> TROLL: Microsoft makes lots of money.
>
> Using your analogy,
>
> A drug dealer makes a lot of money selling crack cocaine to his/her
> users. Is this still a validation that they are doing something right or
> are there degrees of 'rightness' that turn your assertion into a sieve of
> misinformation?
>
> I'm only asking this so that I can get it clear in my mind that a single
> minded pursuit of money at the expense of all other considerations is a
> good thing.

Rich people use bank balance to keep 'score'. They care very little about the
effect of what they do (e.g. unemployment). Ethics are a secondary
nice-to-have.

In an Open world without walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates? -- ??