Re: [News] The MSBBC Corruption: A 'Smoking Gun'

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 09:58:04 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:

> Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 09:56:37 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:
>>
>>> [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> What he seems utterly unable to grasp is that it's the people, perhaps
>>> his own neighbours, who are losing their jobs, whilst those at Microsoft
>>> are trousering our licence-fee cash.
>>
>> One again, may I remind you that MS has employees with families, and you
>> are always crying for it to be destroyed.
>
> That is an out and out lie, Kier.
>
> Once again, I remind you that these are *real people*, daddy is coming
> home to tell his children that they won't be getting Christmas presents
> this year, or going on holiday, because Eric Huggers has spent �£130
> millions with Microsoft, and has received, in return, nothing at all.
> So the BBC has to sack some people and close some buildings, Kier.

You are stupid, aren't you? MS is not to blame for this. Certainly, the
iPlayer thing will have played some part in the BBCs financial
difficulties, but if you think that's the only reason they're in trouble,
you are cracked.

> These are *real people*, Kier.  It's not a sob story, it's *real*.

Of course they're real. And so is everyone at MS. And you do want MS
destroyed. Tell me - what makes their wives and children any different? So
leave out the sob story.

> My position on Microsoft has always been that I expect it to continue,
> just not in its current form.  I will *not*, however, defend their
> criminal activity, any more than I will defend the criminal activities
> of the BBC.  I differ from you completely in this respect.  Nor will I
> lie about your position, whilst you are quite happy to lie about mine.

Am I where? Because I said you want MS destroyed? Okay, I'll accept you
think you don't, but what you post suugests you'd happily see it go down
in flames and never shed one tear.

> Again, I differ from you in this respect to.  I value honest in others,
> including businesses, and in the people I deal with, equally, I too make
> the effort to be honest.  You do not.  You are happy to lie.

Once again, you are putting words in my mouth, while you shout about how
honest you are. Don't. YOu call me a liar. I AM NOT.

You are calling me a Microsoft apologist. THAT IS A LIE.

I don't happen to like a lot of what MS does. But nor am I a mad fanatic
who thinks the whole lot are evil, or the Mafia, or any of that over-blown
crap.

The problem with MS is that it's a *very* large company and wealthy which
weilds a lot of influence in many areas - not a momopoly, but nearly one -
and it's run by Americans. They have a different way of looking at
business than we do. MS is very successful at its job, which is to make
money and expand. Most large businesses operate just the same way as MS,
or would like to, simply because that's the way business is done at that
level. Morals, as such, don't really come into it. Yet I very much doubt
that Bill Gates is a secret baby-killer, or that the majority of his
employees are Mafia Dons in the making.

What MS lacks is enough big, powerful rivals competing with it to keep it
reasonably in check. MS is just what comes naturally - in nature, an
animal with no predators to keep down its numbers can keep eating other
animals, its own prey, until they disappear altogether. Put a predator of
the right sort in, and more of a balance is achieved.

--
Kier

--
Kier