Re: [News] Tesco Preinstalls GNU/Linux on PCs!

Thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 09:59:02 -0400, DFS wrote:
>
>>> Real people couldn't give a monkey's what the technology is, so long as
>>> they can do what they want to do.  The argument that the world "wants
>>> Windows", so beloved of our Microsoft shilcosystem in cola, is quite
>>> wrong; the world wants Facebook and Google and so on.
>>
>> Then the Linux systems at Tesco will sell as well as the Windows systems
>> (and when they don't - and they won't - your ilk will make up a dozen
>> more excuses and keep blaming MS).
>

> People want game _______ to work out of the box.  For the game
> manufacturer, they would make just as much money selling the game on
> Linux as on Windows or Mac.  For the user, they would get their game.
>
> However, that's all hypothetic; no, the Linux system won't sell as well
> as the Windows system because of name-recognition and Linux not doing
> _____ out of the box for a variety of reasons.

Hardly anyone uses PCs for gaming.  They use consoles.  The Tesco PC
will do fine, because most people want facebook, google, email, instant
messaging, video playing, all the things which Linux is better than
Windows for.